Things that make you go ? as we enter 2017
December 22, 2016 Leave a comment
The year is more or less over. As we head into 2017, here are a few things that make you go ?:
- “Hey brother @realDonaldTrump give me control of the Fed and we will make the economy great again. Dow at 40k in 4 Years. #Yeswecanseco” – December 11th https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/808172792688439297
- “GET READY FOR DOW 20,000” – Barron’s front page, December 12th
- “The US dollar is on fire” – December 15h http://www.businessinsider.com/us-dollar-market-update-december-15-2016-2016-12
- “Outlook 2017: This Bull Market Has Legs” (10/10 strategists say market will be up) – Barron’s front page, December 17th
- “An economist who predicted a 17,000-point stock-market crash just 10 days ago is suddenly bullish” – December 19th http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/An-economist-who-predicted-a-17-000-point-stock-market-crash-just-10-days-ago-is-suddenly-bullish-1001616771
- “After peaking at $554 million in February, assets in bearish Rydex funds have dropped 75%, nearly the lowest in 20 years.” December 20th https://twitter.com/sentimentrader/status/811281760512339968 12/20
- Plenty of chatter, in recent days, about funds up 30%-40%+ YTD.
- “Gartman says stocks going higher” – today
- Gartman on the $: “the dollar is headed higher, dramatically so” – today
- “Jim Cramer’s flashing signal that the massive rally is here to stay” -today http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/21/cramers-flashing-signal-that-the-massive-rally-is-here-to-stay.html
Interpret at will.